A highly-objective 32-year-old Army Veteran with over 12-years of combined work experience, including nearly 9 years on active duty. Now a self-taught and apprenticed photojournalist with three years of industry experience in general news, breaking-news, sports, feature, wildlife and performing arts photography. Currently seeking a full-time position with a sports photojournalism-oriented publication covering collegiate and/or professional athletic events.
Intelligent Autonomous Creative Punctual Dependable Objective
Diligent Strategist Honest Proactive Organized Ethical
Photojournalist, The Brownsville Herald February 2016 – Present
· Performs editor-like duties determining best practices for use of imagery in a 10,000-daily circulation news publication.
· Constantly seeks imaginative angles and exclusive access to news-worthy subjects and persons, highly valued by sports editor Joe Alberico.
· Works extra-ordinarily long hours, often in-excess of ten, to ensure news and evening sports photo coverage for daily print.
Staff Photographer, Valley Morning Star July 2015 – October 2015
· Provided relevant art and photography for various news, sports and feature topics to be published in the 8,000-copy daily publication.
· Developed feature articles and highlighted community members in the City of Harlingen, Texas.
· Made tight deadlines despite lengthy travel distances while photographing high school sports in both urban and rural coverage areas.
Intern Photographer, The Brownsville Herald August 2014 – March 2015
· Improved overall-quality of sports photography and made tight deadlines with little, or no direct-supervision.
· Provided extensive coverage of a local immigrant shelter, producing a two-page spread of both visual and written work.
Sergeant, Medical Trauma-Team Leader, U.S. Army August 2005 – June 2014
· Displayed immense responsibility, often working in positions above paygrade reporting directly to high-ranking military officials.
· Honorably served in two overseas tours supporting the Republic of Korea in 2006 to 2007 and in a combat deployment to Baghdad, Iraq in 2010.
· Responsible for the health and welfare of hundreds of soldiers while also leveraging new technologies to provide health care and track deployment readiness while also maintaining a proficient trauma team consisting of 5 soldiers, a combat vehicle, and over $100,000 of medical supplies and equipment.
Bachelors of Arts, Journalism & Communications, Ashford University May 2017
Associates of Arts, Texas Southmost College May 2015